How to lodge a Personal Injury Claim
- Step 1: Download claim form
- Step 2: Complete each section of the claim form. Please note: Incomplete claim forms may cause delays in processing your claim. For assistance, please contact Sportscovers Claims Department on 1300 134 956.
- Step 3:Send your claim form (via post or fax) to Sportscover Claims Department – Locked Bag 6003, Wheelers Hill Vic 3150 or FAX: 03 8562 9111 Important: Claims should be lodged within 120 days from the date of injury. You do not need to wait for all treatments to be completed before sending your claim form. Treatment is permitted even after you have submitted your claim.
- Step 4: Sportscover will confirm receipt of your claim form or contact you should they require further information.
SPORTSCOVER AUSTRALIA PTY LTD is the administrator of the Personal Accident Policy (arranged by JLT Sport) for the National Hockey Insurance Programme. Sportscover administers all claims associated with this policy for the 2011/2012 period.
The Health Insurance Act (Cth) 1973 does not permit the Insurer to reimburse any costs for medical treatments that are registered with Medicare (this includes the Medicare Gap).
As Sportscover is a NON MEDICARE MEDICAL INSURER, they are prevented by government legislation from covering the MEDICARE GAP. This means that in most cases, a service that is performed by a registered Medical Practitioner will not be covered by the policy.
Some examples of expenses NOT claimable through this section include:
- The Gap between the registered Medical Practitioner’s fee and the amount you receive back from medicare for the following medical services: Doctors, Surgeons, Anaesthetists, Pathologists & Radiologists. And;
- Other items where a Medicare refund (in any part) is recoverable.