Personal Injury Claims
If you are a registered member of Hockey Australia and you have suffered an injury whilst participating in an official hockey activity (including training, games or other sanctioned activities) please follow the simple steps below to lodge a Personal Injury Claim.
Please refer to the Personal Injury Summary and Policy Wording for policy terms, conditions and exclusions.
How to lodge a Personal Injury Claim
- Step 1: Download Hockey Australia’s Personal Injury Claim Form or call SUA Claims Department on 1300 363 413 for a copy to be sent to you.
- Step 2: Complete each section of the claim form. Please note: Incomplete claim forms may cause delays in processing your claim. For assistance, please contact SUA Claims Department on 1300 363 413.
- Step 3: Send your claim form (via post or fax) to SUA Claims Department – PO Box 2717 Taren Point, NSW 2229 or email@example.com Important: Claims should be lodged within 180 days from the date of injury. You do not need to wait for all treatments to be completed before sending your claim form. Treatment is permitted even after you have submitted your claim.
- Step 4: SUA will confirm receipt of your claim form or contact you should they require further information.
If you were injured prior to 31/12/2016
If you sustained your injury prior to 31/12/2016 you must use this Personal Injury Claim Form and send your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or Locked Bag 6003 Wheelers Hill, Victoria, Australia, 3150
For assistance with your Personal Injury Claim
- Claims enquirires: SUA Claims Department – 1300 363 413
- General enquiries: JLT Sport – 1300 130 373
The Health Insurance Act (Cth) 1973 does not permit the Insurer to contribute to any charges covered by Medicare (including the Medicare Gap).
|Examples of Non-Medicare Medical items.||Examples of items covered by Medicare.|
|Claimable as per the Policy Wording.||We can not reimburse you for these costs.|
|Private Hospital Accomodation||Anesthetist|
|MRI Scans*||MRI Scans*|
*Please note: MRI scans are generally claimable through Medicare, however sometimes the referrer and/or provider is not registered with Medicare. Please check with your treating physician prior to lodging your claim.
In addition, there will no refund in respect of:
- Any expenses recoverable by You from any other insurance scheme or plan providing medical or similar coverage or from any other source except for the excess of the amount recoverable from such other policies/plans.
- Any expense to which the National Health Act (Cth) 1953 or any of the regulations made there under apply.